About South Jersey Claims Assoc.
Since 1955 the SJCA has offered a unique forum where numerous insurance claims professionals from the Tristate area have gathered each month in the pursuit of sharing insurance-related knowledge. The goal of the SJCA has been to promote Insurance Education, Ethical Claims Practices, and Fellowship among insurance professionals. By offering a wide variety of speakers at our meetings the SJCA has provided an important source of insurance education to our members and guests. Below are a few of the distinguished guest speakers who have addressed the SJCA in the past:
- Former Eagles Football Star – Vincent Papale
- Representatives from the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)
- Former NJ Assembly Speaker – Jack Collins, Esq.
- Retired NJ Superior Court Judge – Barry Weinberg
- Former NJ Director of the Division of Insurance – Donald Bryant
- Leaders from the International Association of Special Investigative Units
- Former Flyers Hockey Star – Bernie Parent
- Representatives from Arbitration Forums, Inc.
- Numerous representatives from local fire departments, law firms, insurance companies, risk managers, as well as local radio & television personality – Joe Conklin.
General Statement about the History of the Association:
The South Jersey Claims Association was founded in 1955 and maintained an active existence until it was disbanded in the early 1970’s. After a change in leadership and a restructuring of the fundamental goals of the Association, the SJCA was reactivated in 1980. Since that time, the Association has successfully served insurance professionals in the Delaware Valley.
The Fundamental Goals of the Association:
- To promote Fellowship among insurance professionals and to encourage goodwill between the companies represented at the Monthly meetings.
- To promote & maintain Ethical Claims Practices by reinforcing the importance of Integrity and Good Faith practices in the insurance industry.
- To promote Insurance Education by providing a forum for Featured Speakers who offer expertise in various matters of interest to the Membership. Additionally, the Association provides Legal Updates from industry attorneys at each meeting in order to inform our Members of any items that may have an effect on the insurance industry.
- To promote the prevention of Insurance Fraud.